Academie DaVinci Charter School / Employment
All employees of Academie DaVinci Charter School work together to achieve ADV’s mission. We seek employees who are collaborative with colleagues, empathetic in their relationships with students and families, and willing to work above and beyond their job description in order to ensure success for students. **Academie DaVinci Charter School is invested in cultivating a diverse, well-prepared teacher workforce. We invite veteran teachers, new teacher graduates, as well as those exploring non-traditional avenues to apply for our open positions. In order to be considered for any position, you must complete the ADV Employment Application.** 2023-2024 JOB OPENINGS: Updated 10/17/2023
Academie Da Vinci Charter School for the Arts and Technology (ADV) in Dunedin, Florida is an A rated charter school with a student body of 364 students, K-8. ADV is seeking a full time teacher to teach elective classes in Technology for students in grades 4-8. In addition, this position requires the candidate to provide technical assistance and comprehensive problem resolution to end users. A Florida Teachers Certification in Business Education or Engineering Technology Education or statement of eligibility is required. The successful applicant will have strong experience with project-based learning to aid students in mastering technology and critical thinking skills. ADV implements the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) standards and certifies student achievement through the Certiport platform and GMetrix.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches technology and computer skills and competencies to upper elementary and middle school students.
- Follows the school-wide curriculum to plan the technology elective program.
- Works collaboratively with the school team to provide support for students in academic and social-emotional skills.
- Collaborates to ensure alignment of instruction and school-wide initiatives.
- Use a variety of techniques and materials to instruct and motivate students.
- Uses classroom management techniques that adhere to PBIS initiatives.
- Confers with students, parents, the principal and supportive personnel regarding the student’s academic and social-emotional development.
- Evaluates students’ achievement.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Previous experience working as a teacher or in a similar role preferred
- Strong knowledge of subject matter and curriculum standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Patience, creativity, and enthusiasm for teaching
- Create a positive and engaging learning environment for students
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to develop educational programs and initiatives
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, grades, and performance
- Communicate with parents or guardians regarding student progress and any concerns
MINIMUM qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Holds, or is eligible for, a valid regular Florida Teaching certificate for the subject area to be taught, minimum of three professional references.
*Salary commensurate with experience.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Grade school specialties:
- 4th grade
- 5th grade
- 6th grade
- 7th grade
- 8th grade
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Florida Educators Certificate (Required)
Work Location: In person
Middle School 6-8 History & Civics Teacher
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Teaches skills, concepts and social competencies related to the Florida standards and benchmarks for history and civics.
· Abides by the school-wide curriculum for individualized and group instruction.
· Works collaboratively with the middle school team to provide support to the students in the areas of academic and social-emotional curriculum.
· Collaborates with intermediate grade teachers to ensure alignment of instruction and school-wide initiatives.
· Uses a variety of technology, resources, and materials to instruct and motivate students.
· Maintains accurate attendance records, grades and lesson plans.
· Uses appropriate classroom management techniques and adheres to school wide PBIS initiatives.
· Confers with students, his/her parents, the principal and/or supportive personnel regarding the pupil’s academic and/or behavioral progress.
· Applies knowledge of child growth and development.
· Evaluates student achievements through various modes of assessments.
· Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Holds, or is eligible for, a valid regular Florida Teaching Certificate. Provide a minimum of three professional references. Complete ADV Employment Application.
CONTACT PERSON: Yvette Brown, Principal email@example.com